Developed to help Navy SEAL trainees meet the rigorous demands of the Naval Special Warfare (NSW) community, this comprehensive guide covers all the basics of physical well-being as well as advice for the specific challenges encountered in extreme conditions and mission-related activities. With a special emphasis on physical fitness, everyone will benefit from these tried and true methods of honing your body for peak physical condition.
Topics covered include:
- Conditioning and deconditioning
- Basics of cardiorespiratory exercise
- Open water training
- Weight and strength training gear
- Flexibility stretches
- Training for specific environments and their problems
- Dozens of workouts
- Dealing with training and sports injuries
Compiled by physicians and physiologists chosen for their knowledge of the NSW and SEAL community, this manual is a unique resource for anyone who wants to improve his or her health, strength, and endurance.